If you’re a business owner or marketer, it’s that you already know SEO. In today’s digitally-driven world, it is crucial to have an effective online presence if you wish to remain competitive. Knowing the basics of SEO can help your website stand out online and make it easier for customers to find it.
But how to go about doing this? Here’s an episode from Guts, Grit & Great Business Podcast with Heather Campbell and Gert to provide tips on leveraging SEO tactics.
Table of Contents
The Differences Between Soft and Hard Conversions
Nowadays, everyone’s bombarded with thousands of ads daily, and unless something catches our attention, we’re likely to ignore it. This is why SEO and conversion should be top of mind for businesses.
When it comes to site conversions, there are two types: hard and soft.
- Hard conversions are when someone completes a specific action like filling out a contact form, giving their email address, or making a purchase.
- Soft conversions are when someone engages with your website by clicking on pages, reading content, and exploring your site.
Remember, not all traffic is relevant to your business. Instead of focusing on traffic numbers, it’s more important to have quality traffic that is interested in what you’re offering. This could result in conversions.
Gert and his team are experts in SEO and conversions. They take a holistic approach that goes beyond just running ads. They know that messaging and language play a crucial role in reaching the right people in the right way.
Common Mistakes Clients Make in Driving Website Traffic
Are you struggling to create content that actually makes an impact on your website’s ranking and traffic? It’s time to get familiar with SOPs or Standard Operating Procedures.
According to Gert, SOPs are key to defining processes and ensuring that your team knows how to analyze a website. This also serves as a guide to optimize for SEO and create content that resonates with your audience.
But here’s the catch: if you’re not careful, your team may blindly follow SOPs without really understanding the “why” behind them. This can lead to a bunch of irrelevant blog posts that are not connected to your core business.
Sure, your traffic may increase, but are those visitors actually interested in what you have to offer? That’s where Google comes in.
Google is likely to connect the dots between your site and your core business, just like connecting dots on a picture. You'll have a hard time ranking on Google if your site is filled with irrelevant dots. So, the key is to focus on your business and not stray too far from it when creating content. By creating a clear image of what your business is all about, you will ensure relevant traffic and engagement.
How to Choose the Right Content Focus
Choosing the right content focus is essential for any business that likes to succeed in the digital age. With so much content being created daily, it can be uneasy to stand out from the crowd.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right content focus:
- Focus on developing the right content creation strategy
- Consider creating multiple websites for unrelated topics
- Focus on problems and pain points of the target audience
- Choose topics close to your business and go deep into them
- Consider user experience and content design when creating content
- Structure texts in a way that compels readers to continue reading
- Add value with visuals, videos, and infographics
Google wants the search user to have good experiences when they land on your site, so create content with them in mind.
Tips on How to Structure the Text
Having trouble getting your thoughts down clearly and in a way that maximizes impact? Making your content easier to engage your readers begins with structuring the text.
Gert Mellak recommended these:
- Research a topic using Google to determine what content best fits the user's search intent. Content length may need to be adjusted to fit what Google wants in order to remain relevant.
- Silos still work; providing a list of related articles on a specific topic will allow you to gain authority on it with Google.
- Content should be backed up with links from relevant and trustworthy sources in order to gain topical authority on the web.
- Focus on conversions as this helps optimize success rate.
- Take advantage of tools available that can provide insights into website traffic and behavior.
If you’re looking for ways to get measurement and analytics of your website, consider SEO Audit of SEOLeverage. These are key to understanding success - correctly auditing your website can help reveal which tactics have the most impact.
Where to Begin with SEO Support
Ever wondered about the levels of SEO?
Here’s a quick tip for you: SEOLeverage “quick call” provides a free website assessment with Gert. They’ll take a look at your website on a screen share and provide you with insightful feedback on how to improve your overall performance.
From there, we work with businesses of all sizes - from small businesses to large ones - to tailor our strategies to meet their unique needs. Whether it’s a one-time job or ongoing support, we’re committed to helping businesses achieve success through SEO.
Investing in SEO is essential to your business’s success. Let’s help you take your website to the next level!