Search engine optimization is an ever-evolving field. Staying on trend with the latest algorithm updates is vital for anyone looking to rank high on search engine results pages (SERPs).
In October 2023, Google rolled out a significant core algorithm update that sent shockwaves in the SEO community. This update is to improve Google's ability to rank high-quality content and websites.
In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into:
- Impacts on October 2023 Core Algorithm Update
- Key changes and updates in the Core Algorithm Update
- Strategies to adapt and thrive in this new SEO landscape
Table of Contents
Google October 2023 Core Update Overview
Google is now in the process of launching its core update for October 2023. This comes after the October 2023 spam update and a mere few weeks after the August 2023 core update. Additionally, it closely follows the September helpful content update.
This core update is the third for the year 2023 and the seventh official Google algorithm update within the same year.
Google has officially confirmed the release of the October 2023 core update with this statement:
To keep in line with this update, assess your website's current state by conducting a thorough audit. SEOLeverage helps you to identify any technical issues, content gaps, or areas of improvement. Focus on getting a Deep Dive SEO Audit to sustain the growth of both your SEO and website.
Quick Facts About Google October 2023 Core Update
Some October 2023 Core Algorithm Update are:
|Google October 2023 Broad Core Update
|October 5, 2023 - 12 pm ET
|The Google October 2023 core update may take up to two weeks.
|All types of content
|It’s not a penalty. Yet, it rewards or promotes great web pages.
|It impacts all regions in all languages.
|Google has not yet announced the percentage of queries or searches impacted by this update. But for now, this seems to be a typical core update that impacts quickly and reaches wide.
|This core update impacts Google Discover, as well as feature snippets and other features.
|If this broad core update hits you, then check your content and see what you can do by following Google's advice.
|Google search may make adjustments to this algorithm without necessarily providing communication about these updates in the future. This could potentially account for the recent activity observed over the past few weeks.
It's crucial to keep in mind that the latest core algorithm update is currently rolling out. For now, website owners should focus on generating high-quality content, following Google’s core update guidelines.
Note: You can check the status and all previous Google updates on the ranking release history page in Google's Dashboard.
Strategies for Adapting the October 2023 Core Update
Adapting to the changes brought about by this update requires a comprehensive approach to SEO.
Here are strategies to help website owners navigate the update successfully:
- Focus on quality content. Give top priority to producing thorough and interesting content that satisfies the demands of your target audience. To demonstrate the E-E-A-T of your website, state reliable sources and offer original content.
- Optimize for user experience. Improve your website's page loading time and make it mobile-friendly. Make sure to make it easier to navigate to improve the overall user experience. For a great search quality, pay attention to elements like readability, accessibility, and visual attractiveness.
- Invest in website security. Implementing HTTPS encryption and routinely checking for vulnerabilities will help to make sure that your website is secure. Providing a secure browsing experience helps you with website rankings and fosters user trust.
- Build high-quality backlinks. Concentrate on obtaining backlinks from reliable sources that are both relevant and authoritative. Establish connections with thought leaders and influencers in your field.
- Monitor and analyze performance. Keep an eye on the user interaction, organic traffic, and ranking indicators for your website. Determine patterns and opportunities for improvement by analyzing the data. To improve your strategies and stay competitive, make data-driven decisions.
With SEOLeverage, you can get updates on some significant changes in search algorithms brought about by the October core update. Our SEO services can help you navigate the update successfully and maintain your website's visibility in search results.
The Bottom Line
Remember that adapting to core updates is an ongoing process. Stay informed, monitor your website's performance, and be ready to make necessary adjustments. This is to ensure long-term success in the ever-changing world of SEO.
If you want to ensure the success of your website in the face of algorithm updates, ask for help from an SEO expert. Book a call with us to develop effective strategies and get helpful and reliable results.