This month, I was honored to be interviewed by Jaryd from Buyingonlinebusinesses on his Podcast.
When you prune something, you take out the unwanted or dead parts of it to allow room for growth. If you start to get anxious because your website is losing traffic and certain rankings, then maybe there’s too much content or links that are unwelcome.
Would you like to listen in?
Why SEO Pruning Is More Valuable Than More Content
What is an SEO Audit?
- It’s a complete diagnostic of the website’s current situation.
- Checking the history of a website.
- Doing a Full Link Audit.
The Power of SEO Tools
- Gert recommends SEO tools such as Ahrefs and SEMrush, Link Detox, and LinkResearchTools.
- The main things to check:
- What the site is about
- What the traffic is doing lately
- These tools give you an idea of the evolution of organic traffic over time.
The Negative SEO
- When your competitors create anchor texts to confuse Google.
- PBN links on your website are a kiss of death.
The Value of Link Detox
- It is taking out all the bad links that are there.
- Google doesn’t only consider the first level source of your link, but also how this first level source got their authority.
- It’s okay to have a very high detox risk.
- Don’t take out the detox risk in isolation of a single site, see it in a broader space.
The Best Thing to Do When Buying Websites
- Don’t add more things in.
- Join similar articles.
- Get rid of things that don’t work.
- Niche down.
- Check for duplicate content.
SEO Practices: Long-Term Strategies
- On-Page SEO
- When producing and publishing content, it must be tailored to a certain purpose.
- Content gap analysis – do Keyword Research.
- Check where your competitors get traffic from.
- Create internal links.
- Don’t overdo content, create a hub page to boost rankings.
- Revise content rather than consistently adding new ones that aren’t helpful.
- Gert believes that it’s best to review content not only in terms of relevance but also in terms of what Google expects.
- Trust Google results because it is the main source of information to RANK.
- Test your website speed.
- Off-Page SEO
- Don’t make too many articles yet only have a few relevant ones.
- Make sure your articles have authority and use external links that can convince Google of its deserved ranking.
- Always choose quality OVER quantity.
- The higher the quality of links linking into your website, the BETTER.
SEO Myths Busted
- External links will always help your rankings.
- E.A.T. is a basis for ranking.
- Meta keyword tags help you rank.
- You need to always update your site.