If you're running an online store, you're probably always looking for ways to increase sales. There's no doubt that one of the most important things to focus on for your site to generate more sales is its CRO. Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is all about making your store as effective and efficient as possible at converting visitors into paying customers.
There are a number of different ways to approach CRO, but in this article, we're going to focus on one particular area: how to increase sales using your current website traffic. In other words, we're going to look at how to make your store more effective at converting the visitors it already has.
So if you're interested in boosting your sales and you're looking for some practical tips on how to do it, then read on!
The first step to take if you want to increase your conversion rate is to find out what your current rate is. This may sound like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many store owners don't actually know what their conversion rate is. If you don't know your starting point, then it's impossible to know whether or not your CRO efforts are actually making a difference.
Luckily, calculating your conversion rate is pretty easy. All you need to do is take the number of sales that you made in a given period of time and divide it by the total number of visitors during that same period. So, for example, if you made 100 sales last month and you had 10,000 visitors, then your conversion rate would be 1%.
These days, more and more people are shopping on their mobile devices. In fact, according to Statista, mobile commerce sales are expected to reach $4.23 trillion this year.
If you want to make sure that your store is able to capitalize on this growing trend, then you need to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. That means ensuring that your site is designed to be easy to use and navigate on a mobile device.
There are a number of different ways to make your site more mobile-friendly, but some of the most effective include using a responsive design, optimizing your images, and using large font sizes.
One of the best ways to increase your conversion rate is to offer free shipping. In fact, according to a study by UPS, 60% of shoppers said they would be more likely to make a purchase if offered free shipping.
Offering free shipping is a great way to increase your conversion rate because it effectively reduces the price of your products. And when people feel like they're getting a good deal, they're more likely to make a purchase.
If you're not currently offering free shipping, then it's definitely something to consider. You may need to increase the prices of your products slightly to make up for the cost of shipping, but it will be worth it in the long run if it means that you're able to boost your sales.
Scarcity is a powerful psychological principle that may be utilized to increase conversions. Essentially, it's the idea that people are more likely to want something if they feel like it's in limited supply.
You can use scarcity tactics in a number of different ways. Still, some of the most effective include using scarcity in your product descriptions, using countdown timers, and offering limited-time discounts.
Using scarcity is a great way to increase conversion rates because it creates a sense of urgency that encourages people to make a purchase before it's too late.
If you want people to buy from your store, then you need to make sure that it's easy for them to do so. That means having a well-designed site that is easy to navigate and use.
Some of the best ways to make your site more user-friendly include using clear and concise product descriptions, having a search bar, and providing customer support.
Making your site easy to use is important because it helps to ensure that people have a positive experience when they visit your store. And when people have a positive experience, they're more likely to make a purchase. Optimizing your key pages is also essential to drive more sales.
Identifying the key pages on your website that are responsible for the majority of your sales is important. These are the pages that visitors, both current and new, typically arrive at just before they make a purchase.
Product pages are one of the most important pages on your website when it comes to CRO. This is because they're typically the first point of contact between a visitor and your product.
And if you can't convince visitors to buy your product on the product page, then you're never going to make a sale.
- Use high-quality images and videos: Images and videos are essential for convincing visitors to buy a product. They help show off the product's features and benefits in a way that text alone can't.
- Write persuasive copy: The copy on your product page needs to be clear, concise, and persuasive. It should highlight the key features and benefits of the product and explain why it's the perfect solution for the visitor's needs.
- Use social proof: Adding social proof elements like customer testimonials can be a great way to increase conversion rates. This is because they help to build trust and credibility with visitors.
Checkout pages are another important page to focus on for CRO. This is because, as the name suggests, it's the page where visitors actually make a purchase.
And if you can't convince visitors to complete the checkout process, then you're never going to make a sale.
- Make the process as simple as possible: The simpler the checkout process, the more likely visitors are to complete it. So try to remove any unnecessary steps or forms.
- Use strong calls to action: Calls to action play a key role in conversion rate optimization. They should be clear, concise, and persuasive. And they should be placed prominently on the page so visitors can't miss them.
- Offer multiple payment options: Giving visitors multiple payment options can increase conversion rates. This is because it makes it easier for visitors to pay, regardless of their preferred method.
Shopping cart pages are another key page to focus on for CRO. This is because they're the last step in the sales process before a visitor reaches the checkout page.
And if you can't convince visitors to add items to their cart, then you're never going to make a sale.
- Use strong calls to action: As with checkout pages, calls to action play a key role in conversion rate optimization. They should be clear, concise, and persuasive. And they should be placed prominently on the page so that visitors can't miss them.
- Offer discounts: Offering discounts is a great way to increase conversion rates. This is because it helps to convince visitors that they're getting a good deal on the products they're interested in.
- Use urgency: Creating a sense of urgency can also be a great way to increase conversion rates. This is because it encourages visitors to act now instead of putting off their purchase until later.
By following these tips, you can encourage more visitors to buy products and services from your Shopify store. And the more sales you make, the higher your conversion rate will be.
Once you've made some changes to your key pages, it's important to test them to see how they perform. This is where A/B testing comes in. A/B testing involves showing two different versions of a page to visitors and seeing which one performs better. There are a number of different ways to do A/B testing, but one of the simplest is to use Google Optimize.
Once you've made the changes to your website, it's important to track your results so that you can see how much of an impact the changes have made. There are a few different metrics you can track, but some of the most important ones to look at include conversion rate, average order value, and revenue. If you see a significant increase in any of these metrics, you know that your efforts have succeeded and that you're on the right track.
Finally, it's important to keep testing and experimenting with different techniques. Even if you see an increase in sales, there's always room for improvement. CRO is an ongoing process, so don't be afraid to keep trying new things.
If you're looking to increase your Shopify conversion rate, then follow these tips to get started. CRO is an ongoing process, so the more you experiment, the better your chances of success will be.