What we found
- The client was using a Shopify site, in its out-of-the-box status, with many issues producing hundreds and thousands of URLs, useless canonicalizations, and many image-related issues.
- Only a handful of keywords had good rankings, and those were everything else but stable.
What we did
- We started off with a Deep Dive Audit, which illustrated the high-impact tasks to focus on - in this case, namely, URL clean-ups and content creation, as well as internal linking.
What results we got
- Implementation was tricky at the beginning, but after a few weeks, the technical suggestions could largely be implemented.
- Once collection pages got the appropriate, SEO-optimized content, the first movements were actually visible on the first pages of Google.
- Internal linking made sure that Google could recognize which URLs should rank for which keywords, which ultimately also improved the organic conversion rate and increased sales from organic search.